Lake Wales Elder Law Attorneys
Elder Care Law in Florida
Elder law is a field of law devoted to the unique issues, needs, and concerns of senior citizens. This area of law is designed to help the elderly and their families prepare for this phase of life through proper financial planning and long-term care decisions.
After growing up with four grandparents living near her, Shelby knew at a young age that she had a connection to the elderly community. It is overwhelming for anyone to discuss aging and the hard questions that inevitably crop up. Will I reside in my home? How will my family be able to afford the care I need? Am I qualified for assistance?
At Weaver Loveless Law, we are committed to serving seniors throughout our community. Our Lake Wales elder law attorneys offer comprehensive services tailored to meet your unique objectives. With more than 40 years of legal experience, we are confident we can effectively handle your case.
When Should You Hire an Elder Law Attorney?
As we age, we face changing financial and personal needs. Elders’ concerns can range from general financial to day-to-day matters that relate to their physical care and well-being.
Putting together an estate and/or financial plan that will consider all the necessary aspects of a senior’s life can involve many moving parts – all of which Weaver Loveless Law can handle.
Our Elder Law Services
Our services include:
- Estate planning, such as with wills and trusts
- Health care planning, such as with Medicare, Medicaid, long-term care, and creating a health care power of attorney that will authorize a trusted person to make health care decisions in the case of incapacitation
- Powers of attorney, general, durable, and for specific purposes
- Financial planning regarding income, estate, powers of attorney, and more
- Any other matter related to the estate, finances, and health care of a senior
Seek trusted counsel from a legal team dedicated to providing you with honest, caring, and effective representation in all elder care law matters in Florida.
Pre-Planning and Asset Protection
Whether you are 45 or 65, it is important to think about protecting your assets and planning for long term care. We can plan for future scenarios by discussing client goals and legal options.
Aging issues such as:
- Terminal illness
- Or a wealth of assets, will be handled in a proactive approach to fulfill your wishes
Some examples of pre-planning techniques are:
- Discussing and changing title to real estate
- Creating trusts for you and your family members
- Planning for your funeral and burial arrangements
- And drafting or updating your estate planning documents to ensure compliance with Florida law and any future incapacity.
We understand that often when a loved one is applying for Medicaid there are already so many moving parts involved that it becomes frustrating. A Medicaid application can be time-consuming and confusing. Our office will coordinate with you, the Department of Children and Families (DCF), and a facility, if any, to help ease the stress that comes along with applying for assistance.
In addition, our office will:
- Review all the documentation you provide
- Assess whether any planning may be done to qualify for benefits
- And discuss that with you and your family members, if you wish
Annual Review for Medicaid Eligible Individuals
Has a year already passed from the date of eligibility? A Medicaid eligible client must file an annual review to DCF to ensure continued eligibility. Our office will prepare the annual review, coordinate the documents needed from you and file everything in a prompt manner.
Speak Directly With an Attorney
40 Years of Experience in the Community
Excellent Reputation Among Generations
Free Initial Consultations